Temperatures have gotten cold (like really cold!) which has me craving comfort foods that warm the soul—like Low FODMAP Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese.
Unfortunately, comfort foods don’t tend to be FODMAP friendly, which is why I created this recipe! This Low FODMAP Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese is soul-filling, will keep you nourished, and best of all you and your gut will feel fabulous after eating it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
For the Tomato Soup (serves 4)
1 lb Organic Tomatoes
1 Cup Water
2 TBSP Low FODMAP Vegetable Broth
2 TBSP Full Fat Coconut Milk
Salt & Pepper
For the Grilled Cheese (serves 4)
8 Slices Gluten Free Bread
Brie (look for the kind that comes in a wooden box
Don’t like Brie? Swap it for Cheddar, Colby, Mozzarella, or Swiss
Dairy Free? Do Diaya instead!
1 TBSP Olive Oil
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
For the Tomato Soup
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the skin if desired. Cut the tomatoes into slices.
- Heat the olive oil or coconut oil in a saucepan and add the tomatoes.
- Add the water and broth to the saucepan and season with salt & pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, use an immersion blender to blend the mixture. Then, add the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls!
For the Grilled Cheese
- Slice the brie (you’ll need 1-2 slices per grilled cheese) and cut off the rind if desired.
- Spread the brie on the sliced bread.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and place in the pan (cooking for about 2 minutes on each side)–alternatively, you could use a panini press.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve with my Low FODMAP Tomato Soup or with my Low FODMAP Carrot Ginger Soup.
Make my Low FODMAP Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese your own with these fabulous suggestions:
- Add some fresh parsley or basil to garnish.
- Cut the grilled cheese into cubes and top your soup with it.
- If you’re Dairy Free, use DAIYA American Cheese Slices in place of the brie.
- Add some Low FODMAP Kale Pesto to your grilled cheese for some fabulous flavor!
Remember, Healthy Doesn’t Have To Be Hard! My Low FODMAP Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese is an easy, soul-warming, comforting meal for those cold winter nights.