Thinking Pesto is a High FODMAP No-Go? Think Again! This Low FODMAP Kale Pesto Recipe is SO Simple + Easy!
With cloves of high FODMAP garlic in the list of ingredients for most traditional pesto recipes, you might think that your pesto days are over. But really, with just a few minutes and a couple of simple ingredients, you’ll be able to enjoy this delicious low FODMAP Kale Pesto and add tons of flavor to your favorite dishes.
What You’ll Need:
1 cup of kale
1/4 cup basil leaves
1/4 cup walnut oil or olive oil
1/4 cup shredded pecorino cheese
1/4 cup walnuts (or if you’re sensitive to walnuts, try pine nuts)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Note: If you’re sensitive to dairy, omit the pecorino
What You’ll Do:
- Start by washing the kale and trimming the stems. Next, coarsely cut the kale
- Cut the pecorino cheese into cubes
- Then, add all the ingredients to a mixer or food processor and blend until smooth
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Pesto pairs perfectly with so many delicious low FODMAP foods!
Here are some delicious ways to enjoy your Low FODMAP Kale Pesto:
- Top your favorite low FODMAP soup
- Try it with a gluten free grilled cheese (or vegan cheese)
- Spread it over fish
- Add it to your green beans
- Top your low FODMAP pizza with tomato and pesto
- Try pesto with your potatoes
- Swirl in some pesto with gluten free pasta
- Add pesto to zucchini noodles
- Spread a layer of pesto over steak
- Try pesto with chicken
Healthy and delicious low FODMAP doesn’t have to be hard! Think of foods (like low FODMAP kale pesto) that you CAN enjoy instead of focusing on the foods you can’t. Change Your Meals, Change Your Life!!
Makes 6 Generous Serving
Low FODMAP Kale Pesto made with Walnuts
132 calories, 13 grams fat, 2 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 0 grams sugar, 2 grams protein
Low FODMAP Kale Pesto made with Pine Nuts
136 calories, 4 grams fat, 2 grams carbohydrates, 1 grams fiber, 0 grams sugar, 2 grams protein