So excited to meet you! Allow me to introduce myself…
I’m Dr. Kristen Bentson, and I am the FODMAP Doctor.
After my name there a bunch of credentials like DC, MS (Nutr.), BCIA, yadda yadda. I did a lot of school. Like seriously, a lot. As I was going after each of these natural and alternative health-related degrees, I was thinking about you. I was thinking about how I could find the answers you’ve been looking for and give you the solutions you need.
I’m Your FODMAP Doctor.
Why am I for You?
Because you’re sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. The bloating, gas, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation and other “irritable bowel” issues you face are exhausting, and you’re over it. You’re ready to make a real change.
Because you want to get off the roller coaster and just start coasting. You want to do the work now that will get you to the comfortable and healthy lifestyle that feels effortless in the future.
Because you recognize that getting healthy is a whole thing, and you want not only the strategies but the motivation to make it happen.
This is what I do.
I have what you need to make digestive health happen.
Your food decisions are among the most important decisions you’ll ever make. What to eat, when to eat and how to eat are three questions you ask yourself at least three times a day. I’ve got the answers.
Best of all, while I teach you what you need to know, I’ll do my best to keep it simple and fun.
Want to learn more about me?
Here are five more facts:
- I had serious health issues that brought me to where I am now. After years of getting drugged up and cut up, I got fed up. I started realizing that no matter what “disease” you have, it’s more about what you do for you rather than what someone does to you. I changed my meals and changed my life (it’s why I know you can too).
- I have two little kids. They love running around with spatulas. Yes, spatulas.
- I love my husband. Like seriously. When I got sick, he changed the course of his life too. His undergrad was engineering physics and his masters was biomedical engineering. He’s now a chiropractor. He did it for me. For that and a million other reasons, I love him.
- I sing. Not like in the shower sing, like belt-it-out broadway style sing. If you ask really nicely, I take requests!
- I am a morning person. If you email, message or call me at 5 am, I’m awake. Whether or not I’m available at 5 am is another story. Remember #2. I have 2 kids that love running around with spatulas.
I’m going to throw one more thing in for good measure.
The word doctor comes from the Latin word docere which means teacher. I take that whole teaching thing seriously.
I want to teach you everything you need to know about adopting a low FODMAP lifestyle. I want to teach you how to feel cooler, healthier, confident and better. I want to show you how to live FODMAP Fabulous. My mission is to give you everything you need to get savvy about (and beat!) digestive issues— for life.
I’d love to connect with you.
The best places for us to connect online are facebook and instagram. Send a message my way, and I’ll be sure to get back to you. I’ll admit it, I really like facebook and am there a lot, so that’s probably the quickest way to find me. You can also reach me and my team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m ready if you’re ready. Change Your Meals, Change Your Life one low FODMAP food at a time. Let’s get started!