Spices are the perfect way to add flavor and nutrients to your low FODMAP food favorites! This low FODMAP Spiced Pumpkin Seeds Recipe is a perfectly delicious way to add protein and omega-3 fats to your diet.
I’m always looking for healthy, easy low FODMAP snacks on the go. Pumpkin seeds are high on my list of recommended go-to food ideas! They are not only full of protein and anti-inflammatory fats, but they are also a great source of fiber, trace minerals, and B vitamins. Pumpkin seeds have cancer-fighting antioxidants and not only are they a nutrient powerhouse, but they make a great topping for salads, soups, and more! Let me show you how to toast them and season them with nutmeg, ginger, maple syrup, and cinnamon to bring out the flavor.
What You’ll Need:
1/2-1 tablespoon favorite healthy oil
1 cup pumpkin seeds
3 dashes cinnamon
2 dashes nutmeg
1 dash ginger
1/2-1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat your oven to 300° F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin seeds to the skillet. Add dashes of spice and stir in maple syrup (to taste). Toast for about 3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Spread the seeds out on the prepared baking sheet and place the sheet in the oven.
- Bake until crispy (about 15-20 minutes).
- Let cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Looking for more ideas on how to use spices in a low FODMAP diet? Check out this post: 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Low FODMAP Diet.
Healthy Low FODMAP doesn’t have to be hard! Eat the good stuff (like low FODMAP Spiced Pumpkin Seeds!), feel like good stuff.
Serving Size 1/4 Cup
160 Calories, 7g Protein, 6g Carbs, 13g Fat