These Low FODMAP Quinoa Veggie Burgers are nutritious, easy to make, and so tasty. And best of all, they’ll leave you feeling FODMAP fabulous!
If you’re looking for an easy and fun weeknight recipe, these Low FODMAP Quinoa Veggie Burgers are sure to please! My veggie burgers are jam-packed with healthy vegetables (like zucchini and carrots) and good-for-you Low FODMAP carbs (including quinoa and GF oats) to keep your tummy feeling full and happy. Serve these amazing Low FODMAP Veggie Burgers with a side of roasted potatoes or with this delicious Low FODMAP Salad for a delicious and healthy meal!
What You’ll Need:
1/2 cup quinoa
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
2 tablespoons gluten free oats
Salt & pepper to taste
Butter lettuce (for serving the burgers)
Fody Foods Low FODMAP Ketchup (for serving)
What You’ll Do:
- Let’s start by cooking 1/2 cup quinoa in 1 cup water according to the package instructions. After the quinoa is cooked, let it cool
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the shredded zucchini and carrots. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon
- Beat the egg in a small bowl
- In a bowl, mix the cooled quinoa with the cooked veggies and add the egg
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of gluten free oats to the mixture and stir well to combine
- Now, shape your patty mixture into 4 circular veggie burgers
- In a large pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the veggie burgers to the pan
- Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on each side
- Serve over a butter lettuce bun with ketchup, and you’ve got a fabulously healthy veggie burger!
Make these Low FODMAP Veggie Quinoa Burgers your own with these fabulous suggestions:
- If you’re vegan or avoiding eggs, use a flax egg to hold these veggie burgers together
- Use yellow squash in place of zucchini
- Top these burgers with some melted cheddar cheese
- Add some fresh basil or cilantro to the burger mix for some extra flavor
And just like that, you have in incredibly healthy weeknight meal that you and your gut can feel good about. Being Low FODMAP doesn’t mean you can’t have flavorful, fabulous meals. Change Your Meals, Change Your Life!