Warm days call for simple and effortless meals! This low FODMAP Summer Salad is the perfect, easy way to eat light.
When eating low FODMAP, I think it’s so important to have go-to meals that you know you can whip together in a matter of minutes. A Low FODMAP Summer Salad is a great dish that deserves a place in your go-to meal repertoire! And while this salad has low FODMAP berries and nuts, you can always customize it and make it your own (and don’t worry; I give you lots of ideas at the bottom of this post!). Healthy Low FODMAP doesn’t have to be hard.
What You’ll Need:
What You’ll Do:
- Start by combining the lettuce with the walnuts, blueberries and sliced strawberries (use a medium sized bowl)
In a small bowl, briskly whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
Add the dressing to the salad mix
Top with crumbled feta cheese
Make this Low FODMAP Summer Salad Your Own! Here are a few fun suggestions:
- Add in fresh vegetables like cucumber, cherry tomato, green beans, bell peppers, and fennel
- Try different fruit like grapes (cut them in 1/2), clementine slices, or kiwi
- To add protein, top with plain grilled salmon, chicken, firm tofu or shrimp
- Add peanuts, pine nuts, macadamia nuts or pecans
- Mix up your salad base with bib lettuce, romaine, kale or spinach
Delicious and nutrient rich low FODMAP salad ideas don’t have to be hard! Think of foods (like low FODMAP Summer Salad or Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad) that you CAN enjoy instead of focusing on the foods you can’t. Change Your Meals, Change Your Life!!
Makes 2 Servings
161 calories, 3 grams fat, 27 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, .25 grams sugar, 6 grams protein