Hot summer days call for cool and refreshing Popsicles! And these Low FODMAP Ice Pops are packed with nutrient dense fruits, like strawberries and kiwi, that not only taste good, but they’ll make you feel good too.
Eating low FODMAP doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy delicious and refreshing frozen treats! These Low FODMAP Ice Pops are a great frozen treat to have on hand for those extra hot summer days! While these ice pops contain a few low FODMAP fruits, you can always customize them and makes these pops your own (and don’t worry — there are plenty of ideas at the bottom of this post!). Healthy low FODMAP doesn’t have to be hard.
What You’ll Need:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
4-6 thinly sliced strawberries
1-2 thinly sliced kiwis
1-2 cans plain sparkling water
What You’ll Do:
- In a small saucepan, bring together 1/4 cup water with 1/4 cup maple syrup. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn off heat and allow the low FODMAP simple syrup to cool (the simple syrup will keep for about 3 weeks in the fridge)
- In a mixing bowl or pitcher, add 1-2 cans of sparkling water (depending on how many ice pops you’d like to make) and the simple syrup to taste. Stir to combine
- Then, take your Popsicle molds and fill them about 1/3 of the way with the liquid mixture
- Add the fruit slices and fill the molds the rest of the way with the liquid mixture
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours, overnight is best (if you can wait that long!)
Make these low FODMAP Ice Pops your own! Here are a few fun and refreshing suggestions:
- Add mint or basil for a fun twist on these pops
- Try using different fruits, such as blueberries, cantaloupe, grapes, raspberries, pineapple, or dragon fruit
- Use a sparkling water that has some flavor like lime, lemon or orange
- Add thinly sliced cucumber to the mix
Fruity and refreshing low FODMAP Ice Pops ideas don’t have to be hard — in fact, they can be super easy. Instead of focusing on the things you can’t have, focus on all the amazing whole foods that you CAN enjoy. Change Your Meals, Change Your Life!
86 calories, 0 grams fat, 21 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 15 grams sugar, 1 grams protein